Welcome to our Pupil Parliament page.
What We Do
At Greenland Community Primary School we have an active Pupil Parliament (school council) which links in to Eco Council. Miss Charlton and Mr Johnson supports this and they regularly meet to discuss school issues.
Our Pupil Parliament is a group of pupils elected by their fellow pupils to represent their opinions and raise issues and feedback to the rest of school.
This year we have some exciting things planned for our Councillors. We would like them to take forward projects on behalf of the pupils and be involved in planning with members of staff and our Governing Body. Our School Councillors will be adding some information to this page about their role and responsibilities.
To be effective, the school council must:
- Represent all pupils and include as many people as possible
- Take time to listen to all pupils and communicate their views
- Feed back to pupils about what happened about their views
- Make things happen – or explain why they can’t!
At Greenland Community Primary School we work hard to ensure we have an effective School Council. In order to do this they work with all the staff to ensure:
- elections are fair and open
- everyone is represented
- there are different ways for people to give their views (e.g. class time, suggestion boxes, questionnaires, focus groups)
- training is in place
- there is effective communication so that people know what happens to their suggestions and ideas
- you see results!
Meet our school council for 2018-19