At Greenland Community Primary School we take great pride in our school uniform and encourage our children to do the same. We set very high standards for children and appreciate the parental support in helping us achieve them.
Our school uniform comprises of the following:
- Green jumper or cardigan
- White polo shirt
- Grey or black trousers or skirt (tracksuit bottoms or leggings should not be worn nor should “rara” style skirts)
- School wear, including schools coats, hats and bags can be ordered via the Main Office but can be ordered online directly by clicking the on the link here.
The shoes children wear to school also forms part of our school uniform, however, there can often be some confusion as to what is or isn’t appropriate. For clarification children should wear:
- Black shoes, i.e “school shoes”.
- Black on black trainers are permitted. These are trainers which are black and do not have any white or coloured logos, motifs or soles on them.
Children should not wear:
- Coloured shoes
- Coloured trainers
- Trainers with white or coloured logos, motifs or soles.
Trainers in school
As stated above, wearing trainers in school every day is permitted provided they are black on black. Families of those children wearing trainers that have coloured logos, motifs and / or soles may be asked to change them.
If your child is in KS2 and wishes to play on the MUGA, they will be required to wear trainers, again these should be black on black.
Our PE kits comprises of:
- Black / green sports shorts
- Plain white t-shirt (football or branded t-shirts should not be worn)
- Black / green tracksuit bottoms can be worn in colder weather
PE kits should be brought into school at the start of term with children bringing them home at the end of it.
Jewellery in school
For the safety of all children jewellery, in particular earrings, should not be worn at school.
If you have any questions or concerns about our uniform, please do not hesitate to contact us at school.