At Greenland Community Primary, we take data protection and privacy very seriously. We take many steps to ensure that data about children, parents/carers and staff is handled appropriately and kept safe and secure. In school, we use physical and electronic security to ensure that data is kept safe and only accessed by people who need it to do their job. We work with some other companies and organisations where it is in the interests of the children or school, where we do this we carry out checks to ensure that they handle the data in line with our policies.
On May 25th new data protection laws will be introduced. This is called General Data Protection Regulation or GDPR. This provides some extra protection for people and makes it more important for organisation to make sure that data is handles properly. While we already took great care with the data we control, we have been working hard to be compliant with the new law. Our updated policies and privacy notices are available by clicking the links below.
You can find out more about GDPR in schools on the UK Safer Internet website.
- Data Protection Policy (May 2019-20)
- Privacy Statement for Children: How we use your child’s information
- Privacy Statement for Parents: How we use your information
- Privacy Statement for Staff: How we use your information
- Privacy Statement for Governors: How we use your information
- Privacy Statement for Visitors: How we use your information